About the Myers Briggs
The Myers Briggs is a classic Personality Type Indicator first published in 1962 and developed by Kathering Briggs and her daughter Isabel Briggs Myers. Myers & Briggs is a psychometric questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences on how people perceive the world and make decisions. The MBIT theory of preferences were extrapolated from Carl Jungs writings on psychological types.
The MBTI gives for opposite pairs (see below) that result in 16 possible types of people's preferrences for thinking or acting.
|Extraversion (E) -||(I) Introversion|
|Sensing (S) -||(N) Intuition|
|Thinking (T) -||(F) Feeling|
|Judgment (J) -||(P) Perception|
- (E- I) describe with what "Attitude" people prefer to operate in the world.
- (S- N) are "Perceiving Function" how new information is understood and interpreted.
- (T-F) are "Judging Functions" are decision making functions based on the information gathering function.
- (J-P) are how the functions are applied when relating to the outside world.
You may obtain more information on the MBTI and its administration at www.myersbriggs.org/
How Is the MBTI used in our Training?
Teams are taken through an experiential exploration of all four dichotomies through "eye opening" and interactive activities. For example, to help identify their "Thinking" or "Feeling" function, teams will engage in a problem solving activity that will enlighten everyone on information gathering and processing, and see each type "in vivo". From the exercise the team then draws correlations to the work place.
The MBTI Agenda is broken into 20 and 30 minute segments with breaks in between for a total training of 4 hours.
At the end of the training the team will have:
- Developed an appreciation of the different types and are able to understand eachother more and work better together
- Learned effective problem solving skills
- Identified areas of strengths and weakness
- Identified their teams "type" and understand how they can maximize productivity
- Be able to assign tasks based on preferences
Teams will take the MBTI online before the training and be given their a print out of their results at the end of the training.